£45-70k plus benefits + profit share
Remote, hybrid or based in our Brighton, UK office. You pick!
Position type: Permanent
Salary range: £45-70k
At Bright, we believe in making working days more inspiring, for both our customers and us. That’s why we built Dash! The cross-functional Dash team you’ll be joining is low-ego, supportive and highly motivated. If that sounds good to you, keep reading! :)
Dash inspires brands to use outstanding visual content at every touch point. With Dash, you can organise, find and deploy your brand's best visual content effortlessly. Our customers work for growing, ambitious brands like Taster, Passenger Clothing, COAT Paints, Mountain Equipment and The Eden Project.
We pride ourselves on our culture at Bright and have won a UK best workplace award from Great Place to Work. We’ve worked hard on maintaining our friendly, collaborative culture while embracing hybrid working. We’ll support you to work in the way that suits you best, whether that’s in the office, hybrid or remote.
Our benefits include:
🗺️ 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an extra day for your birthday
💻 Flexible working hours
🏠 Choose to work remote, hybrid or in our Brighton office - whichever suits you
💸 Annual profit share
🔒 Group income protection cover
🧘 Mental health support and resources including monthly wellness contribution
🥳 Company socials
🎁 Occasional goodies in the post (because we like to spoil you!)
We're an equal opportunities employer. We believe in creating an environment where everyone can feel inspired, productive and fulfilled. For us this means building a culture where every individual can show up at work being openly and authentically themselves, each and every day. We welcome, celebrate and learn from diversity of experience, perspectives and backgrounds and all that entails. That's why we support equal opportunities; we celebrate individuality and all the diverse brilliance that goes with it.
- Providing exceptional customer support to our customers via our various channels (in-app chat/video conference/help centre/email).
- Having an in-depth understanding of Dash, its features and benefits and being able to articulate these to customers to solve their challenges and help them meet their goals.
- Collaborating with the product management team to represent customer needs such as feature requests, and participating in the product development process.
- Creating well-written and effective support content, including help articles, in-app guidance, pro-active emails, screen recordings and other messaging.
- Participating in team-wide discussions and getting involved in projects and initiatives that will further help our customers.
- Identifying risk accounts in need of extra support and working with both the Dash team and the customer to help them get more value from Dash.
- Identifying accounts that might benefit from additional features or have other growth potential, then working with them and the team to help them unlock their potential.
We're looking for a talented developer, who's really passionate about programming. The role will suit someone who is self driven, eager to learn a lot and have a big impact.
This role will be perfect for you if:
- You like working in a cross-functional, agile product team in which everyone is 100% committed to making the product a success.
- You are interested in lean-startup and lean thinking in general.
- You take pride in the quality of your work and in producing clean, well tested code
- You have a passion for new technologies and applying them in intelligent ways
- You work well in a team, and enjoy working with others to come up with new ideas or identifying things that can be done better.
We're looking for:
- Experience in Java, Kotlin or a similar back-end language.
- Energy and enthusiasm for working with other developers collaboratively in an agile team and a willingness to take an active part in design discussions.
- A passion for developing inspiring software applications using modern technologies.
- Experience developing and working with distributed systems is beneficial.
- Competence in writing tests
- Experience of secure coding principles and an understanding of the most critical security risks to web applications. E.g OWASP Top Ten
- A strong and relevant technical degree, or equivalent qualification.
Bright (the company who behind Dash) is an equal opportunities employer. We believe in creating an environment where everyone can feel inspired, productive and fulfilled. For us this means building a culture where every individual can show up at work being openly and authentically themselves, each and every day. We welcome, celebrate and learn from diversity of experience, perspectives and backgrounds and all that entails.
That is why Bright supports equal opportunities; we celebrate individuality and all the diverse brilliance that goes with it.
Due to the overwhelming response we receive to our vacancies, we don't always have the capacity to respond to everyone personally. We'll contact you directly if we think you'll be a good fit for this position.