You've probably noticed that Bynder and Brandfolder are mentioned a lot when you’re researching for a digital asset manager. That’s because they’ve been around a long time and have become dominant players in the digital asset management (DAM) industry.
But they’re super expensive and their features are complex, which makes them poor DAM contenders for growing ecommerce brands on a budget.
But the good thing is you don’t have to settle for either of them. There are digital asset management solutions, like Dash 🤩, built for the unique challenges of a growing businesses. And it’s super affordable, too.
In this article, we'll compare two of the most popular DAM tools, Bynder and Brandfolder. You’ll learn about their differences whilst discovering alternatives that won’t break the bank.
What is Bynder?
In their words, “Bynder is a digital asset management (DAM) platform that goes far beyond managing digital assets.”
They’re all about helping large businesses collaborate and launch marketing campaigns faster. Organising and sharing visual assets is an important part of this, yes. But it also includes:
- Content planning and creative project management: This helps you customise approval workflows, assign tasks and track deliverables.
- A mobile DAM application: So you can work on go—ideal for sales teams travelling around the world.
- Customisable brand guidelines: Templates for consistency across all of your organisation’s digital content
Bynder could become the favourite tool in your arsenal if you’re an enterprise business looking for an all-in-one platform to help you coordinate large-scale marketing efforts. But all those extra features easily overwhelm smaller, more agile companies and make the digital asset management experience super complicated.
We covered more Bynder pros and cons in our Bynder alternatives article.
What is Brandfolder?
It’s nearly impossible to discuss visual asset management without mentioning Brandfolder. It’s been around for a while (2012, precisely) and helps large companies like Zoom and Celerion save thousands of brand asset management hours.
Brandfolder clients particularly love how it balances many features with a functional and easy-to-understand user interface. Let’s take a quick look at some of the things enterprise companies can do with Brandfolder:
- Content automation: Brandfolder lets you automatically create and export assets that match your brand guidelines for consistent brand presentation.
- Brand intelligence: You get real-time data insights on how your brand assets are being used. This is super helpful when you’re a part of a large company where many people can access your DAM. You can see your top-performing content and monitor asset distribution easily.
- Manage archived assets: You can organise and store outdated digital files in a separate vault inside Brandfolder called ‘cold storage’. This way, you have a single source of truth for your digital assets without mixing outdated content with the images and videos you’re currently using.
But it’s not the best solution for growing brands. Read our Brandfolder alternative article to find out why.
Brandfolder vs Bynder: Key features
Let’s see how these two DAM heavyweight tools square up with each other so you have a better idea of what they can do for your growing ecommerce business.